I have to say, as many times as I've complained about my job...I'm gonna miss it a lot! the people here are really good people and i just hate to leave. i know its odd, since I've been itching to get home for such a long time. Perhaps if i didn't know we were going home it would have been different.
anyway. Our last few days in DC have proven to be rather surprising for me. I've been finding myself a little saddened that we will no longer be around. I'll no longer be passing by Arlington National Cemetery every morning and night. I'll no longer see the Washington Monument pierce the skyline when my wonderful hubby picks me up from work. Even the more mundane things like the supermarket with the way cool portable scanners, that have been making my shopping experience so fun will be gone from my life. I suppose they are tiny things, but I'll miss them all the same.
Dc has changed the both of us, and I'm really hoping for the good. I feel a bit stronger then I was before, a bit smarter. And a bit more aware of the world around me. The people that i work with are every day people. No one more outstanding then the next. However, they have all affected me in one way or another.
Aaron seems to also be ready to leave DC. he's been working so hard for such a long time that he's ready to be home and resting for a little while. I can't believe we made it through! it's been such a long journey!
WELP! looks like its time for a new chapter in our lives ( AGAIN!). May holds a lot of great things:
moving into our "new home"
a new K9 addition to our little family,
and a BUNCH of graduations! ( all 3 boys all in one month! WOWZA we're gonna be some busy people!)
I'm excited! ( and there will be more posts! PROMISE!)
Loves!
Bridget Turns 8
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment