WOWEEE! its been a big couple of weeks! :) we've done soo much since being a newly married couple! We went to IKEA in Potomac mills and experienced traffic and crazy people that i could never have imagined. it was perhaps something i would have expected from someplace like Philadelphia or perhaps even Boston or NYC but not the suburbs of DC. it was a ZOO. if there ever was a zoo of people, this would be it. IKEA was a joy (as it always is) but getting in and out of that area was not something i would like to repeat too often. we also needed to make a trip to target and Costco *which - lucky me - Aaron knew there was one of each close by IKEA* so we fought our way over to IKEA ,then were turned away by Costco because they closed at 6 on a Saturday. OOO i was SOO mad. then we almost got plowed over trying to get gas. the guy was a real jerk...it was super sketchy! FINALLY got to target, and I'm thinking things have got to be good here- its always good at target..........WRONG. this is the worst target ever!!! its SOOO hard to get into, and the people there are just dumb. they dropped our merchandise off of the counter. bah. lets just say i'm glad that IKEA has an online store. :D
SOO after all that we were kinda pooped. But not too pooped to celebrate our one week anniversary! *yes i know how lame-o. But why not, you know?* Aaron was thrilled that i suggested the AMAZING Mexican place near our apartment. This place is fabulous! They serve much more then just fajitas and such ( YAWN! i'm soo done with fajitas....they just lack being fun anymore). That night I tried their beef chimichanga. OMG. this was amazing beef. AMAZING. and they put a delicious cheesy sauce over the top of it all and i was in Mexican food heaven. let me tell you that Aaron is very happy I'm pro tequila grande ( the name of the Mexican yumm). It just goes to show you that I'm not anti Mexican food, I'm just anti bad Mexican food :P
ALSO another big event, this past Monday, i ventured out on my own and DROVE to rite aid and whole foods. I was feeling like such a huge winner! It took me a few hours to build up the courage to do it. seems like a lame thing to be nervous about, but being as I'm not really the "adventurous type" and I'm not at all used to ANYTHING about this state, its understandable. Aaron ( and my mum) were very proud of me for getting out on my own. Its not so scary anymore, but I will NOT get on the highway. WILL NOT. cannot make me. its TOO much.
So while doing all these fun exciting things, we decided to try to host a bit of a dinner gathering. Aaron wanted to invite all his friends ( with dates, it would be like 8 people) and i was pretty excited about the idea, i meet people - we get to show off the place. YAY. well as the week wound down, it ended up being just 1 couple - Rob and Marta. they were scheduled to come over around 6. awesome! I had decided to make something easy and that wouldn't tie me to the house all day. STEW! while we were in the planning stages, Aaron got an email saying that he had a law review thing he had to do Saturday morning. BOOO! HOWEVER, it worked out because i ended up meeting with a friend of mine who moved to DC a few years ago. Maria and I had a delightful brunch together in the city, and the biggest part of the whole thing, I WENT ON THE SUBWAY ALONE!!!!!!!!! WOOO. I got to play in the city in the morning time with an old family friend. we walked all over the city, and just had a lot of fun. AND THEN, i came home ( all by myself- on the subway) and made my steak stew with Aaron's help. The dinner party was amazing. I made some great guacamole and salsa for munchies before dinner. Aaron was a whiz at chopping veggies for salad, and i put out a plate for some meat and cheese and bread to enjoy with dinner just because it was yummy. Marta made an amazing apple pie and my chocolate bark was a hit as always.
All in all, I'm really starting to like it here. its a fun life ( for now). next adventure....finding a job!
Bridget Turns 8
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment